Yuck! This is what we put into our bodies?
- Hamburgers -70% of our ground beef contains ammonia-doused pink slime. This slime is made of scraps and skin trimmings was once deemed safe for dog food.
- Chickens-Factory raised chickens are fed arsenic to make their flesh pink.
- Hot dogs-Hot Dogs are filled with a blend of Meat Trimmings, Fat and Cereal filler. Cereal filler is made of bread crumbs, oatmeal, and flour.
- Honey-Most store-bought honey contains no pollen. It’s mostly additives and corn syrup. Buy if possible from a local bee keeper.
- Greek Yogurt-Manufacturing Greek yogurt produces millions of pounds of toxic waste.
- Shrimp-Even though US imports 86% of its seafood, it only inspects 0.01% of imports for chemical contamination. In 2008, FDA tested 34 random shipments of shrimp and 6 of 34 contained cancer-causing chemicals.
- Maraschino Cherries-It real cherries but are bleached and marinated in corn syrup and dyed red again. Huh?
- Packaged grated cheese– It is packaged with refined wood pulp to keep it from clumping.
Check out 8 Strange facts about every day food you should know about.
Latest posts by Kris (see all)
- People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character. – Ralph Waldo Emerson - March 24, 2018
- Reality is created by the mind, we can change our reality by changing our mind. – Plato - March 23, 2018
- When you sling mud at another person, you not only get your hands dirty, you also lose ground. -Ravi Zacharias - March 22, 2018