One of the all-time great books on success ever IMHO
There are couple books I recommend to anyone ambitious and motivated to take on the world. One is Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie. These two books are required annual required reading for me. I read it every year to re-enforce the wisdom in the book again the busy-ness of life can take us away from these principles. Below are 30 I read it every year to re-enforce the wisdom in the book again the busy-ness of life can take us away from these principles. Below are 30
Below are 30 main principles to attain the power to win friends and influence people.
BECOME A FRIENDLIER PERSON
1. Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.
2. Give honest, sincere appreciation.
3. Arouse in the other person an eager want.
4. Become genuinely interested in other people.
6. Remember that a person’s name is to that person the most important sound in any language.
7. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
8. Talk in terms of the other person’s interest.
9. Make the other person feel important – and do so sincerely.
10 The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
WIN PEOPLE TO YOUR WAY OF THINKING
11. Show respect for the other person’s opinions. Never say, “You’re wrong.”
12. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
13. Begin in a friendly way.
14. Get the other person saying, “Yes, yes” immediately.
15. Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
16. Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
17. Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
18. Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
19. Appeal to the nobler motives.
20. Dramatize your ideas.
BE A LEADER
21. Throw down a challenge.
22. Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
23. Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly.
24. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
25. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
26. Let the other person save face.
27. Praise the slightest and every improvement. Be “lavish in your praise.”
28. Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
29. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
30. Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
Feature image from www.iliyanastareva.com and principles from Dalecarnegie.com
Latest posts by Kris (see all)
- How long we lived is not important, But how we lived is important. -Unknown - April 20, 2018
- Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow. -Robert Kiyosaki - April 19, 2018
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson - April 18, 2018