Most recognizable EDC Fidget Toy is a Fidget Cube
Fidget cube was the first thing that gave me awareness to how important and helpful fidgeting is for hyperactive people and it is most likely the most common toy entry into the world of Fidget toys that are growing in popularity it seems every day. It is very gratifying that this type of awareness is leading to better treatment and control for those of us unknowingly have been fidgeting and often times were “mildly” disruptive in classes and meetings. I have mentioned in my other posts that I was a pen clicker, leg pumper. Before pen clicking, I was a compulsive finger nail biter. Although I have been able to keep the biting under control in my adulthood, long finger nails still get a tentative bite once in a while.
Enter the world of Fidget toys where there are never ending options of toys and items that now allows us to vent our excess energy unobtrusively. In 39 Fidget Toys that help with ADHD ADD, we list an ever expanding list of ways we can fidget from specialized sensory cubes, spinners, pens and balls and etc.
But the most recognizable to the uninitiated is the Fidget cube and its many variants and copies.
Fidget Cubes have each sides that offer different sensory relievers. Those most common sensory relievers are for the
- Urge to click (With clicking and sound and without)
- Urge to push around a joystick
- Urge to flip a switch (Boy, did I get in trouble for doing that)
- Urge to rub something with texture (Like a worry stone)
- Urge to roll and spin a gear
- Urge to spin something spinnable.
The size is fairly small for the most part being a bit larger than a dice except the Fidget dice variant which is much larger but still can fit in a medium sized palm. The smaller size allows for an everyday carry (EDC) which is really essential for most of us. Some are fidgety toys but is what is called a desk toy as the size or the shape is not conducive to a carry. These fidget cubes come in many cute color styles that is good for kids and grown ups alike.
Here are the variants of Fidget Cubes available in the market place. As more types of cubes come out, I will add them here.
Check back often as I will be adding more to the list as I find them.
I am seeing different materials being used to create cubes which sounds interesting. And my wish is that one day, someone will come out with a metal fidget cube.
Please note, descriptions are from their respective product page and some are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
Antsy labs is the company that through its popular Kickstarter campaign introduced many people to the fidgeting world. It had a very successful campaign raising more than $6 million for its raise on Kickstarter alone. It seems like they are finally starting to ship the Fidget cubes to the backers but for those who found out too late can preorder for $22.
For those who can’t wait, there have been a flood of fidget cube clones available already through online. Prices are often much less but quality potentially could be a wildcard. One such is below..
- It’s specifically designed for people who can’t keep their fingers still, and whether you’re a clicker, a Flicker, a roller or a Spinner
- Material:high quality plastic size: 1.8 x 1.8 x 1.8 inches;
- An unusually addicting, high-quality desk Toy designed to help you focus. Fidget at work, in class, and at home in style
- Friend who can’t keep their fingers still. Really wonderful item to release your body and moods,make you focus on your work
- Special design for people who can’t keep their fingers still, and whether you’re a clicker, a Flicker, a roller or a Spinner
This is an obvious clone of the fidget cube but there are literally more than multi dozen companies selling it from Chinese manufacturers.
Fidget Cube 12 Sides Dodecagon Toy Stress and Anxiety Relief Relax for Children and Adults ADD/ADHD/OCD
- LEISURE AND MENTAL HEALTH TOY: Great for leisure and entertainment for adult and child. Especially suitable for curing anxiety, focusing, A.D.D/A.D.H.D/O.C.D, autism, Quitting Bad Habits, staying awake and STRESS RELIEF.
- 12 IN 1 MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: 12 Sided Upgraded Version Includes Gears, Buttons, Joystick, Switch, Soothes, Rocker, and Stress Balls, sliding blocks, minions, rotating disk, and silicone strap.
- HIGH QUALITY: Excellent workmanship! Made of durable ABS and food grade silicone, no toxic and skin-friendly, seamless, can withstand tens of thousands of continuous hit, anti-fall.
- PORTABLE: Size of 2.0*2.0*2.0 inch, a silicone rope help to carry conveniently, wherever you fidget at work, in class, or at home, just keep yourself entertained anywhere!
This is a variant of fidget cube but instead of a 6 sided cube, it has 12 sides. Usually Fidget Dice more expensive than the Fidget cube clones. This one is a bit bigger than the fidget cube and has bit more sensory reliever than the cube. It has a silicon ball or a nib that you can crush like a bubble wrap but since it doesn’t pop like one, it wasn’t as satisfying though. It also has a spikey silicon pad that is a different spin on a worrystone.
Feature, Material, Size:
1) Intended use: Stress relief, A.D.D/A.D.H.D/O.C.D, Quitting Bad Habits (smoking), Staying Awake
2) Size: 2.0*2.0*2.0 inch
3) Material: ABS and food grade silicone
This Fidget cube is like the fidget cube (1) but like the Fidget Dice a bit bigger in your hands and also has round edges to make it easier to hold in the hand. I kind of like that idea.
WeFidget’s Stress Pad, Second Generation Fidget Toy, 8 Fidget Relieving Functions, Carefully Balanced, Satisfying Resistance and Design
- 8 New and Improved Fidgeting Functions that offer the perfect balance of feedback and tactical resistance. Glide, Click, Roll, Massage, Shift, Breathe, Flip, Spin! We meticulously engineered each function to offer the right balance and resistance that you would want in a Fidget toy.
- Mini Controller Design for TWO hand fidgeting! This way you can keep both your hands busy and satisfied. No more One hand fidgeting.
- Durable, Light Weight, Discrete, and Portable! Attach the Stress Pad to your keychain, lanyard, backpack, and take it anywhere! So you’ll always have a Fidget Toy ready at your disposal.
- Perfect for All Ages, Professions, and Background! We know that as soon as you whip out the Stress Pad, everyone around you will be asking for one!
- Our Stress Pad is backed with our 100% WeFidget Guarantee! If you’re not 100% satisfied with the Stress Pad contact us right away!
- Dimensions: 73mm length, 36mm width, 26mm height
This is not a fidget cube per se in shape, but it has all the elements of a fidget cube. It takes its inspiration from console controllers but much more. It has just as much or more sensory relief options as a fidget cube. The list of its features are:
- Glide-Joystick where you glide your finger to move it.
- Click-For those who have need click on pens or buttons.
- Roll-Like a gear where you turn with your fingers.
- Massage-There is a bumpy spot on the side that you can rub your fingers for sensory relief.
- Shift-For those who need to switch things on and off.
- Breathe-More larger bumpy area to rub your worrys away. Like a worry stone.
- Flip-Another type of a switch that can keep your finger occupied.
- Spin-For those that need to spin something, there is a dial for on the pad.
You can use it like a key chain as it has a lanyard hole. Pretty cool.
Fidget Sphere ,The toy that will help you focus!
Fidget everywhere , anytime so you can stay focused all the time with the Fidget Sphere.
3D printed in White Strong & Flexible: White nylon plastic with a matte finish and slight grainy feel.
Fidget toy world is growing and many exciting ways to fidget are coming out. Please check out the below links to get more information about extensive list of the types of fidgets toys as well as one of the most popular way to fidget in spinners of all types!
Keep your fingers active and your desk looking stylish, with this paperweight styled Fidget hand spinner, perfect for your desk or EDC collection.
Hows it made? ——————————–
The main body of this spinner is 3d printed in thousands of layers, these layers are “laser syntherd” using a fine nylon powder.
Originally starting on the computer, the model is then sent to the 3d printers, this means that i can achieve a much more intricate design then cnc machined or standard “filament” type printers.
Why nylon, over metal? ——————————–
Nylon is a really strong and durable material, although it’s not as tough as metal it is cheaper.
Nylon has a huge list of advantages, but the most notable are:
– Cheaper than metal.
– Stronger than traditional “filament” printed products.
– Better quality finish than other materials.
– Easier to clean than other materials, as most items are able to be put in the dishwasher.
– Because of its durability, you’re less worried about chucking it in your bag or pocket, or getting it dirty.
– Because it’s cheaper than metal, you’re less worried about losing it or having it stolen.
What bearing is in it? ——————————–
The bearing used in this spinner is a Steel bearing which is pressed in, not glued. This means that you can easily remove the bearing to clean it, or upgrade /replace it.
Finding an upgrade or replacement bearing is really easy, as the 608 bearing size is the same that gets used in skateboards, scooters, and roller blades. Suggested upgrades are hybrid ceramic, full ceramic bearings, or high end longboard bearings.
Total weight = 77 grams
dimensions = 38mm x 38mm x 38mm
In the box:
– 1x fidget spinner
– 6x Steel Bearings (installed into the spinner)
This is a really neat idea that I have not seen before. It looks like a Fidget cube but there are no widgets on it but its 6 sides are fitted with 608 bearings that allows you to spin it in your finger. It looks to spin really nicely and you can rub on it for a bit of a sensory relief as the surfaces have some texture. It is $28 and ships from Australia but because it is hand made in limited quantities, it is currently sold out.
Squidget was created for fidgeters, by fidgeters!
Squidget is a small, handheld device that currently contains seven attachments to replicate the most common fidgeting habits, designed to enable discreet, almost noiseless fidgeting.
Each side has specific functions.
Pen Clicker (yellow attachment)- For pen clickers like me!
Pencil Roller (orange attachment)-For those people who keeps on rolling their pen or pencil across a desk annoying people to no end.
Spinner Tab (green attachment)-You can flick it or spin a plastic tab to keep your finger nail busy.
Hair Twirler (red attachment)-For hair twirlers (Cool! Haven;t seen this one before)
Edge Rubbing Surface-Like a worry stone for sensory relief
Button (blue attachment)-For those who fidgeting with buttons until it falls off
Deep Nail Pressure Satisfaction-I used to do this on my skin. I would make cross mark impressions on the back of my paml and my forearm but not enough to break the skin but enough to make impressions on it.
The Squidget looks to be one of the first sensory fidget cube to be out in the market considering the entire fidget cube category for most of us are only about a year old. The original version retails for $16.95. The Squidget looks to be a nice alternative to the all the fidget cubes out there with same function.
Material: Aluminum Alloy
Bearing: 688 Hybrid Ceramic Bearing
My wish is granted! This is like the fidget cube ball (List 5) but made in sleek aluminum alloy. This is another fidget cube that spins. There are no sensory relievers on the sides like the regular fidget cube but the corner can be held and spun just like a spinner. they claim at least 2 minute spin times. Comes in 5 different colors, Gold, Red, Pink, Black and Gray.
Hand Spinner made on high precision CNC machined from BRASS.
High precision manufacturing and top quality Ceramic Hybrid bearing or equivalent ABEC 11 bearing.
This is another fidget cube format but in a spinner functionality. This one is so cool as it is chrome plated and made of brass and it is also a dice literally although I wouldn’t roll it like a dice and scratch the beautiful finish. This one is limited qty and will sell for $110.
Fidget Spinner Cube Original Combined Hand Spinner with Fidget Cube and Game Console, Fidget Spinner + Fidget Cube + Game Console
Dimensions: 10cm x 7cm x 3cm (3.94in x 2.76in x 1.18in)
The description says it all. Even though this is technically not in a fidget cube form factor, but it has the elements of the real fidget cube with the joy stick, and the dials, grooves and buttons and sphere but also you can spin it like a spinner. You get the best of both worlds. It kind of looks like plastic but the body is made of metal. It should be a pretty solid piece of package.
No corners are cut in the fabrication of each Infinity Cube. Every component of the Infinity Cube is made from premium materials, CNC machined, and hand finished.
Each sub cube is precisely machined and assembled to form an overall size of 40mm cubed.
When laid flat, Infinity Cube is only 20mm thick, no thicker than your wallet, and easily pocketable.
Infinity cube has a solid feel and smooth surfaces so it feels great in your hands.
- CNC machined Anodized Aluminum
- G-10 Fiber links
- Brass Pins
Another unique function fidget cube at Kickstarter. Unlike the ones so far listed which is a sensory relief or a spinner cube, this one is based upon a concept of series of small cubes interlocked to make a bigger cube. You can unroll it in any which way on your one hand to keep your hand busy while you are trying to focus. I have something similar made of wood and stretchy band keeping the pieces together. This one is much higher level and well machined fidgeter toy made of CNC machined aluminum. For the early adopters, it is priced at $65 per piece. You can get either silver or black. They are almost 70% funded so good chance we will be able to see them in action somewhere soon.
Fidget world is growing! check out the links below! Enjoy!
Latest posts by Kris (see all)
- 65 Amazing and Inspirational Paulo Coelho Quotes - June 23, 2017
- The Nails in the Fence Story. A boy and a lesson from his father - June 16, 2017
- The Story of a father’s unstoppable love for his son. Rick Hoyt’s story - June 9, 2017