Habit is powerful a powerful too for success.
Habit is a powerful way to achieve amazing things. Habit is a behavior wired so deeply in our brains that we perform them automatically, freeing our mind to do other tasks. Good or bad habit is in essence, your brain on cruise control. Once set, it is very difficult to break a habit. There is an extremely good book called by The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg which goes into much more detail of why habits exist and how it can be changed. I highly recommend this book.
Here are the 8 steps to develop new habits.
- Focus on one new habit at a time. -It is importance to focus and you have limited willpower. Channel it all on one habit at a time to enhance your probably of success.
- Commit for a minimum of 30 days. – You will need to be patient. Some habits will take much longer than 30 days so persevere.
- Anchor your habit to an established habit. – If you are looking to stretch every day, perhaps every time you brush your teeth, you can stretch tight afterward.
- Take baby steps. – Don’t try to do too much at a time. Keep it easy and small so you can gain momentum.
- Make plans for obstacle. – Know that it all won’t be easy. Try to anticipate so you can overcome it.
- Create accountability for your habit. – Tell your friends about your habit. You will be more motivated if you know others are watching your progress.
- Reward important milestones. – Treat yourself. Set up a realistic milestone and celebrate. It will make taking the next step that much easier.
- Build a new identity. – Convince yourself that this habit is part of you. It is who you are.
Once your habit is activated, keeping it will be almost effortless. Try these steps and take your life to the next level. Seize the day!
Latest posts by Kris (see all)
- 43 types of Fidget toys that help with ADHD ADD - August 10, 2018
- 75 Types and styles of EDC Fidget Spinner Toy - August 1, 2018
- It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan. -Eleanor Roosevelt - May 5, 2018