Maximize your focus and get things done
- Turn on white noise or music to force out distractions.
- Have a clean and clear work space. Clutter is very distracting.
- Focus on solving the problems. Ignore emotions such as frustration or impatience.
- Split bigger tasks into smaller tasks and knock it out one at a time.
- Think of someone who you are close to. According to a 2003 study by University of Wisconsin, thinking about someone who you are close to helped focus.
- Get a friend or someone to hold you accountable for your task.
- Get a stress toy or a gadget and fidget with it to help focus.
- Have a visual reminder of your goal. Create a vision board for a goal you want to achieve.
- Encourage yourself. Pump yourself up positively.
- Repeat a key word or a mantra related to the task.
- Write it down. If there is a task to be done, write it down. The simple act of it gets you in the zone.
- Get a good night sleep. Lack of sleep is supposed to interfere with our ability to focus.
- Be in motion while working. Bounce on an exercise ball if you have to sit but motion can help you focus better.
- Exercise regularly.
- Watch what you eat. Avoid caffeine.
Want to get a more comprehensive overview of ADHD? Check out out ADHD ADD Mega guide.
Latest posts by Kris (see all)
- If you want something you’ve never had then you’ve got to do something you’ve never done. – Thomas Jefferson - April 23, 2018
- Don’t let anyone place limits on you. -Viola Davis - April 22, 2018
- Surround yourself with people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel. – Unknown - April 21, 2018